How long do you think Bethesda will support Fallout 76?

Just starting out, so this is the "catch all" for anything Fallout 76 related that doesn't get a forum section of its own. Feel free to suggest new sections, etc. We'll figure this out as we go.

through 2021
No votes
through 2022
No votes
through 2023
No votes
indefinitely?
100%

Total votes: 1

RIPP1138
Site Admin

Post by RIPP1138 »

I mean, the game is 2.5 years old at this point. For most games that is basically EOL.

How much longer do you foresee Bethesda to continue actively developing content for FO76?

and how much longer do you think they'll "keep the lights on" with just running the servers after active development ends?

I'm betting active dev stops sometime next year (2022) and then the whole thing gets sunset by '24.

I mean, eventually there's gonna be a "Fallout 76 2.0" of some kind. If for no other reason than technology moves forward and the development target will have to change. What would that look like?
RIPP1138
Site Admin

Re: How long do you think Bethesda will support Fallout 76?

Post by RIPP1138 »

I wonder if they'll show anything at all related to FO76 today at E3. I'm gonna bet it doesn't even get a mention, and if it does, its just in passing or a brief clip in a montage or something. We're nearing EOL and we should accept it.
RIPP1138
Site Admin

Post by RIPP1138 »

So lets continue the discussion about what the next version might look like:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23
Fallout fan

Post by Fallout fan »

I think fallout 76 will be supported for a long time to come.

Elder scrolls online is Bethesda’s online elder scrolls game and f76 is its fallout game.

They will continue to improve and expand on it. Eventually they will introduce new paid expansions like elder scrolls has.