Unable to pick lock when you think you should be able to

Reno Wells

Unable to pick lock when you think you should be able to

Post by Reno Wells »

In the past I've been able to lock pick quite easily at 0 "Zero" lock skill level. Of course, on items that require "0" lock skill ability. I have recently been encountering constant breaking of picks while inserting the picks before beginning the lock picking sequence... i.e., manipulating the pin and screwdriver. Has anybody been encountering this issue? I currently am using an x-box x. I'm also encountering intermittent slow subtle movement in my visual up/down, left/right while not operating any of my controller button/ switches. Also, while in the map view, I'm encountering the slow subtle visual movement left/right zoom in/out while not operating any controller buttons/switches. I suspect this is maybe why I'm having issues with locking picking.
Reno Wells

Re: Unable to pick lock when you think you should be able to

Post by Reno Wells »

Hi Fallout friends,
After some considerable trouble shooting, the culprit of this problem was my controller. After replacing the controller this issue cleared up. Now I'm off to explore the wasteland. My apologies to Bethesda.
chan005

Post by chan005 »

Reno Wells wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:15 pm Hi Fallout friends,
After some considerable trouble shooting, the culprit of this problem was my controller. After replacing the controller this issue cleared up. Now I'm off to explore the wasteland. My apologies to Bethesda.
HI,magic 8 ball online
Glad to hear you were able to identify the issue with your controller! It's always a relief when troubleshooting pays off. Enjoy your adventures in the wasteland now that everything's working smoothly. And no worries about Bethesda; sometimes technical hiccups happen. Happy exploring.
chan005

Post by chan005 »

HI Guys,
It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty picking a lock even though you believe you should be successful. Could you provide more details about the situation? For example, are you using the correct tools and techniques for the type of lock you're trying to pick? Have you successfully picked similar locks before? Understanding more about your specific circumstances can help us troubleshoot and offer suggestions to improve your success rate.