The Elusive Crane bug?

Just starting out, so this is the "catch all" for anything Fallout 76 related that doesn't get a forum section of its own. Feel free to suggest new sections, etc. We'll figure this out as we go.
XtherealjaxonX

The Elusive Crane bug?

Post by XtherealjaxonX »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had or heard of a similar issue with this quest, my problem is as follows.....

I reach the point in the quest where the upstairs door in the bar is unlocked and we go upstairs to see Crane, unfortunately I turned around to see a ghoul and in my trigger happy status, shot the guy dead.
The NPC's aren't happy obviously (I think I remember looting the body can't be positive tbh)

I go to Gauley Mine, get to the locked door but can't get in because I don't have the keycard (I do have the map though so must've looted his body, and I always loot everything).

I go back to The Wayward only to find the door upstairs is locked and the NPC's won't let me up there, also the woman is unresponsive to interact (trading possible though).

I realise that this could've been avoided if it had not been for my trigger happy activity but still seems like there could've been another way round - I mean, just leave the upstairs room unlocked where Crane is.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

n.b: I have contacted Bethesda but that could take a while - forumites are usually well on it 8-)
XtherealjaxonX

Re: The Elusive Crane bug?

Post by XtherealjaxonX »

Never mind. Without doing anything else, I tried again for the third time and was able to enter - I somehow ended up with the keycard but it was not visible in my inventory anywhere :|

Not an especially great reward at the end just a (poor) weapon of choice - unless I missed something :?: