Stealing water...Vandy

Just starting out, so this is the "catch all" for anything Fallout 76 related that doesn't get a forum section of its own. Feel free to suggest new sections, etc. We'll figure this out as we go.
vandy12

Stealing water...Vandy

Post by vandy12 »

Been playing the game for about a month now a lot. Love this game. Off and on I took some corn and some potatoes
from other camps. Yesterday I took a small amount of water. Shortly thereafter, the owner of the camp opened fire
on his vending machine in front of me. At first I thought I had accidentally pulled the trigger but realized it was an automatic gun and mine was not. I turned around and looked at him and at that time he dissolved his camp and I floated to the ground. I got a red "Wanted" sticker in the middle of the screen. 10 caps. About half hour later I'm in my camp and in my bunker. I get a message someone came in. She was in stealth mode but I could see her. I didn't have my armor on. She came in and shot me. Because I took the water. The guy who owned the camp possibly sent out a hit man or it was just someone who was going after someone who was wanted to get the whopping ten cap reward. So I thought it was a bad thing drinking this water that didn't belong to me. After some reading, I realized many people who play leave their food and water open to travelers passing thru and have no problems with people harvesting or taking a small amount. So I guess whether you can get a drink and a little food just depends on the owner but the way the game put a bounty on me for drinking a small amount of water seemed petty. Obviously the owner didn't think so and he was in no mood to share. I'll remember that if he ever goes down in battle. I'll salute him and move on.
RIPP1138
Site Admin

Re: Stealing water...Vandy

Post by RIPP1138 »

welcome to the site and the game!

first, yeah it sucks but there's people like that. a couple things...

- turn on pacifist mode, it'll essentially turn off pvp unless you're in a contested workshop then tbh i don't know how it works... lol

- did he see you at the water container? If so, yeah, that's not cool, kind of a thing that if they're open, they're game.

- is it possible it was locked and you picked the lock? That *automatically* tags you as wanted. Maybe that's what happened?

Good luck on the wasteland, and see ya round.